A cat has dropped dead after its eccentric owner dyed it PINK.
Russian author Lena Lenina gave a little kitten a makeover for a ‘pretty in pink party’ where all the guests, the cat included, had to wear pink.
Eyewitnesses at the party told Russian media the kitty became frantic and spent the whole evening trying to get away from Lenina. After the party, the cat kept licking it’s brightly colored hair, ingesting the toxic hair dye.
A vet who examined the cat when it was taken ill and where it later died reported the cat had died from poisoned.
Artist Yuri Kuklachev described the stunt as pointless and unnecessarily cruel, while an online petition calling for an investigation into the incident has gathered several thousand signatures.
The eccentric author said: “The pink color was especially chosen for its healing properties and also strengthens the cat’s hair. My vet told me it was a beneficial addition to him.”