JustFoodForDogs PUMPKIN TREAT RECIPE
8 oz pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 oz molasses
4 oz water
2 oz safflower oil
1 1/2 lbs whole wheat flour
0.25 oz cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired shape. Bake for 15 min at 3505F. For softer treats, remove from oven after 15 min. For crunchier treats, lower temperature to 200 and bake for 30-45 min. Remove from oven and let cool. Treats will become crispier as they cool.
JustFoodForDogs TURKEY AND WHOLE WHEAT MACARONI RECIPE
This recipe will yield approximately 13 pounds of food. To make less food, see the half recipe here.
5 lbs ground turkey, 80/20 or 85/15, raw weight
2.5 oz turkey liver, raw weight
2 lbs 8 oz whole wheat macaroni, dry weight
5 oz carrots, finely chopped
5 oz zucchini, finely chopped
5 oz broccoli, finely chopped
2.5 oz cranberries, fresh or frozen
5 tsp JustFoodForDogs Omega Plus Fish Oil
2.5 Tbs JustFoodForDogs Turkey and Whole Wheat Macaroni DIY Nutrient Blend
1. Wash all vegetables thoroughly.
2. Use fresh vegetables whenever possible, but if one or two items must be frozen, make sure there are no added ingredients such as salt or sugar.
3. Prepare a 1 quart ice bath. Once the macaroni is cooked, the ice will be used to cool it and to stop the cooking process so it retains its texture.
1. In a nonstick skillet, brown the turkey and turkey liver over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Add carrots, zucchini, broccoli, and cranberries while turkey is still slightly pink. Continue to cook until turkey is fully cooked and vegetables are soft. Do not drain. Let the mixture cool until it is warm
to the touch.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Once cooked, add ice to stop cooking process
and drain. Let cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all cooled ingredients, including oil. Slowly sprinkle in DIY Nutrient
Blend until fully incorporated.
4. Portion into individual serving sizes and store in freezer or refrigerator. Stored in the refrigerator,
this recipe will stay fresh 4-6 days.