If you are traveling to the west coast or midwest, check out these hotels and their accommodations for dogs.
The Blackstone (Chicago, IL)
- At The Blackstone, guests can ease into the dog days of summer with the hotel’s new pup-friendly package, Dog Days of Summer. The package includes a digital pet portrait, which guest will receive upon arrival, for up to one pup and two people by fashion illustrator Kristine Steiner as well as a print waiting in room to help guests and their pets feel at home; a Blackstone-branded bandana; dog bowls and a placemat in room; dog treats; two water bottles to hydrate during a long walk in the Windy City; and a curated itinerary of pet-friendly places to explore in Chicago.
- The package starts at $254 per night and is available for booking on the hotel’s website now through September 5, 2018. The Blackstone is also donating a portion of the proceeds from rooms booked on Saturday, August 25 to the Anti-Cruelty Society on National Dog Appreciation Day (Sunday, August 26).
Claridge House (Chicago, IL)
- Furry friends of Claridge House can enjoy a special menu of doggie cocktails at Juniper Spirits & Oysters located inside the hotel. The cocktails are made with all-natural, pet-friendly ingredients, created by Oxford Hotels & Resorts’ Piers Smyth and include the CharDOGnay, the MalBARK, the HefeWOOFen, and the DOG Perignon. A chef-driven puppy treat menu is also available for hungry hounds.
- On September 6 from 5 to 8 p.m., Juniper celebrates the special bond between dog owners and their furry best friends with evenings of Poochie Portraits – a chance to snap a complimentary professional photo with your pup, for Instagram or the living room wall. Guests who attend the event at Juniper’s dog-friendly Dearborn Street patio can enjoy Chef Felipe Patron’s menu of sophisticated, yet approachable fare and Mixologist Nic Nye’s botanical cocktails, with a percentage of proceeds from Poochie Portraits benefiting PAWS Chicago.
Chicago Athletic Association hotel (Chicago, IL)
- The hotel not only offers luggage-looking pet beds, bowls, doggie poo bags, and logo cookies for four legged pets, the team also pens a dedicated welcome letter to each visiting pet and their owner to serve as a guide to all things “pet-friendly” in the city. This guide invites pets and their humans to explore the city, as well as pet-friendly restaurant patios, shopping, groomers, and more.
The Talbott Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel (Chicago, IL) offers those traveling with four-legged companions a dog-friendly room package, featuring an exclusive discount on room rates and a 15% discount on all retail items at the beloved boutique, Tails in the City. Additional amenities include an in-room dog bed, personalized Talbott dog treats, and access to the 20 East patio, where they can feast on dog-friendly food and treats!
Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows (Beverly Hills, CA)
- This iconic pale pink property is beloved by guests and their fancy, furry friends. The Beverly Hills Hotel spoils pups with pink dog beds, pink dog bowls, and bone shaped doggie cookies in suite upon arrival. Additionally, doggie menu with gourmet options of salmon and brown rice, chicken and oatmeal, and ground beef stew assure your pooch 5-star dining. After their afternoon nap and fancy feast, pups can explore the well-manicured grounds and beautiful city with their owners or a premiere dog walker.
Beverly Wilshire, a Four Seasons Hotel (Beverly Hills, CA)
- Welcomes pets (dogs and cats) up to 15 pounds free of charge so you and your furry friends can experience the iconic hotel together. Your four-legged friends can enjoy exclusive in-room amenities water bowls, piddle pads and a luxurious BW bed so they too, can enjoy signature Four Seasons comfort. Also, make sure to stop by the concierge desk for additional information on dog parks, dog-walkers and grooming services within the city.
Montage Beverly Hills (Beverly Hills, CA)
- Montage knows that your dog is an extension of the family and welcomes them in every area of the hotel! Treat your furry friend to a luxurious getaway with fluffy dog beds, fancy food bowls, to-go water bottles, and a warm welcome! Doggies can also enjoy the lush Beverly Canon Gardens next door and strut down Rodeo Drive accompanied by a trusted dog walker–handpicked by the hotel’s concierge.
The Peninsula Beverly Hills (Beverly Hills, CA)
- You and your four-legged friend can be wined and dined at The Peninsula Beverly Hills. Pets can get some beauty rest in their luxurious dog beds, eat gourmet treats from their custom food bowls, receive specialized dog spa treatments including a 45 minute in room massage, and order doggie room service including canine friendly dishes like Zoe’s Beef Burger and Brutus’ Filet Mignon. Also, in celebration of the Year of the Dog for the Lunar New Year, The Peninsula Beverly Hills is donating 100% of its pet fees to a local non-profit animal charity.
Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills (Beverly Hills, CA)
- This lavish property offers a Canine Club for your BFF (best furry friend). Understanding that pooches need a little TLC, your pet is happily welcomed—by name—upon arrival and gifted with top dog goodies. In suite, you will find a luxe, custom Viceroy dog bed, food and water bowls, and a sporty leash. Additionally, a “Pet in Room” door hanger can be displayed to ensure your four-legged friend is not disturbed. Guests will also receive a guide of the city’s pet-friendly restaurants, spas, and shops. Dog walking services can also be arranged through the hotel’s concierge to ensure you and your BFF can both enjoy a night out on the town. Plush pet toys and treats are also available to ensure a tail-wagging stay.
Galleria Park Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel (San Francisco, CA)
- A timeless boutique hotel situated between San Francisco’s Financial District and Union Square, Galleria Park Hotel is a Joie de Vivre property combining deep-rooted originality with memorable experiences. An architectural landmark, the hotel boasts a rich history, state-of-the-art meeting spaces, a tranquil urban deck, and more. Recently renovated in 2017, the multimillion-dollar redesign draws inspiration from its storied past, preserving timeless architectural features while embracing modern aesthetics that enhance the guest experience.
- Galleria Park Hotel proudly offers pet-friendly accommodations for every dog-loving traveler seeking a pup-friendly getaway. For $75 per stay, the property welcomes a maximum of two pets per room (dogs and cats only), including the following accommodations for furry companions: Doggie Bed, Water & Food Bowls, Beastro Bones (organic, gluten-free cookie), Let’s Pawty Package (with an individually-wrapped organic Pawty Treat Bag)
- For the more active pup, Galleria Park Hotel also has a pet-friendly outdoor park terrace on the 3rd floor—an urban oasis surrounded by the beautiful SF skyline, this outdoor destination is perfect for a recluse from the hustle and bustle of the city, while still being in the center of it all—and a great spot to toss the bone to your dog after an exciting day.
- Westin and Sheraton – Starwood Hotels and Resorts’ luxury hotel lines recently acquired by Marriott International– understand the worries that come with leaving your furry friend behind in a kennel and encourage man and man’s best friend to soak in Carlsbad’s sun rays together. Upon arrival, guests and their pets will receive a welcome kit with local pet information and tail-wagging supplies; a Westin Heavenly® or Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Dog Bed; and a “pet napping” door hanger.
PARK HYATT AVIARA RESORT (Carlsbad, CA)
- Who says luxury is an indulgence only fit for humans? Park Hyatt Aviara Resort invites travelers and their beloved four-legged friends to experience Carlsbad without having to compromise on luxurious accommodations. Pet perks include in-room dog beds, food bowls, and water bowls; a map of available dog walks around the property and Batiquitos Lagoon preserve; and concierge assistance with dog walkers and pet sitters.
Carneros Resort and Spa (Napa, CA)
- Dog Amenities Description: Home to 100 secluded cottages, suites, and residences surrounded by rolling hills and scenic vineyards, Carneros Resort and Spa offers guests and their furry travel companions an equally enjoyable stay with pet-friendly accommodations. Complete with a doggie bed and bowl, cottages and suites are equipped with private, enclosed patios perfect for dogs to safely explore. With many fido friendly areas on property, the resort also provides guests with dog toys, locally crafted dog treats handy Carneros branded pet waste bags. Carneros Resort and Spa will also assist in making dog-sitting arrangements should guests require it. Dogs of all sizes are welcome with a maximum number of one dog per party allowed, and a non-refundable deposit of $150.
Hotel Paseo (Palm Desert, CA)
- At Hotel Paseo, guests are encouraged to “find their own path,” with a variety of unique on-site experiences that cater to a guest’s deepest desires. If a traveler’s path is alongside their pup, Hotel Paseo provides everything dogs and their owners need to enjoy their stay. Upon arrival at Hotel Paseo, guest pups are offered premium dog treats by local pet nutrition experts, Bones-N Scones. Guests are then shown to their room of choice, as all rooms in the hotel are dog-friendly and can be equipped with plush dog beds as well as mahogany food and water dishes. Guests are welcome to relax with their fur babies in the lobby and café or take a stroll through the grassy yard and pet-friendly neighborhood surrounding the hotel. Additionally, the hotel concierge provides guests with a list of dog-lovers venues and activities nearby, including Palm Desert Civic Center Dog Park, shops at El Paseo, and Venus de Fido Spa offering pet grooming while puppy parents indulge in a massage.